‘Together Day’ is a national commemorative day designated as May 20th
to create an environment where Korean nationals and foreigners residing in Korea live in harmony.
In commemoration of the 10th
Together Day, the Ministry of Justice hosts an essay contest titled ‘Korea together with World’s People’.
Stories and memories of people from different cultural backgrounds will provide an opportunity to understand and respect each other. We look forward to active participation and strong support from both foreigners living in Korea and Korean nationals.
1. Contest Overview
□ Entry Eligibility : Foreigners residing in Korea and Korean nationals (men and women of all ages)
□ Entry Category : Writings on personal experience
○ Foreigners residing in Korea
: marriage migrants, foreign workers, international students, ethnic Koreans with foreign nationality and any other people who are living in Korea with foreign nationality
○ Korean nationals
: ordinary Koreans, naturalized Koreans, family members of naturalized Koreans, employees or volunteers of foreigner assistance centers, mentors or supporters of marriage migrants, and any others who have Korean nationality
2. Entry Theme & Timeline
□ Entry Theme
○ Stories of foreigners in Korea and naturalized Koreans who have successfully settled in Korea
○ Personal stories of Korean nationals or employees of foreigner assistance centers about their experience of working with foreigners (including volunteer activities) and the lessons learnt.
○ Writings on a story where foreigners in Korea live in harmony with Korean nationals
· ”The dream that I found in Korea”, “My life in Korea full of troubles and the unexpected”, “Serendipity of life in Korea”, “How I was taken with Korea”
· “All things you should know about office life in Korea”
· ”We are friends no matter what color our skin is”,
“My foreign friend”
· ”My rewarding experience of volunteer activity at a foreigner assistance center
□ Entry Timeline
○ Entry period : ‘17. 3. 9. (Thu)~3. 31. (Fri)
○ Announcement of winners : ‘17. 4. 28. (Fri)
The winners will be announced on the Together Day website
○ Awards ceremony : ‘17. 5. 19. (Fri)
※ The schedule above is subject to change by the host
3. How to Enter
□ Entry Requirements
○ Length : no longer than three A4 pages
(Entrants must comply with the specification requirements)
- Submit in MS word or Hangul file format
- Use 12 point Sinmyeongjo font with 160% spacing and 15mm top/bottom, 20mm left/right and 15mm header/footer margin
○ Submit the essay with your application form
- Download and fill out the application from on the Together Day website at www.togetherday.kr
※ Please include the name, address, and contact details of the entrant; the title and the category of the entry on your submission. Make sure to check off the box which means that you have read and consented to the use of the Personal Information given on the application form.
□ Submission Guideline & Inquiries
○ ONLINE submission only
(Entries sent by mail will not be accepted)
- Only entries uploaded and submitted via ‘Contest’ of the entry website at www.togetherday.kr
will be accepted
○ For additional information, please contact
: Immigrant Integration Division, Ministry of Justice
(☎ 02-2110-4047, 4152)
- Submission will be closed at 24:00 on March 31, 2017.
||Awards & Prize
|Top Excellence Award
|Foreigners residing in Korea
※ Winners of top excellence and excellence award will be presented with the Commendation of Minister of Justice
5. Entry Rules
○ Entries must be written in Korean.
○ Each entrant can make a maximum of ONE entry to the corresponding category.
○ ONLINE submission only.
○ Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and must never have been previously published at home and abroad.
○ Award-winning entries will be posted on the Together Day website or any other contest organizer’s website.
○ No entries will be returned. Submission of any entry acknowledges the right of Ministry of Justice to use it for exhibition, promotion, and publication in any medium.
○ Any entry found to have been plagiarized or have won a prize in another contest will be disqualified, and the prize and reward will be asked to return to the organizer.
○ For the receipt of the prize, the winners of top excellence award and excellence award must attend ‘the 9th Together Day Commemorative Ceremony which will be held on May 19, 2017